We are looking for a junior bioinformatician with expertise in computational biology to join the at the vector integration core at the San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy (SR-Tiget), Milan, Italy (https://research.hsr.it/en/institutes/san-raffaele-telethon-institute-for-gene-therapy/vector-integration-core.html).
The successful candidate will work closely with lab researchers to analyze complex genomic data, develop new computational methods to address research questions and contribute to the development of bioinformatics pipelines and tools.
SR-Tiget was created in 1996 as a joint-venture between Fondazione Telethon and Ospedale San Raffaele (OSR), with the mission to perform cutting edge research on gene and cell therapy and to translate its results into therapeutic advances for genetic diseases. The Institute is located within the OSR campus, which includes a large multi-disciplinary research hospital, a biomedical research center, a university and also hosts several biotechnologies companies. Over the years, SR-Tiget has given a pioneering contribution to the gene and cell therapy field with relevant discoveries in vector design, gene transfer and gene editing strategies, stem cell biology, identity and mechanism of action of regulatory cells in immune responses and innate immune cells in cancer. SR-Tiget has also established the resources and framework for translating these advances into novel experimental therapies and has implemented several successful gene therapy clinical trials, which have already treated >120 patients and led to the filing and approval of 2 novel advanced therapy medicines.
The Vector Integration Core at San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy, led by Eugenio Montini, investigators with computational analyses of biomedical research data for the determination of safety and efficacy of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) in the context of gene therapy and gene editing applications.
Qualifications and Skills
• PhD or Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field
• Strong programming skills, proficiency in Python and R
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
• Fluency in English
• Work collaboratively with researchers to design, analyze, and interpret genomic data sets
• Develop and implement novel computational methods for analyzing large-scale biological data sets
• Maintain and improve existing bioinformatics pipelines and tools
• Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in bioinformatics and computational biology
• Knowledge of bash scripting
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting high-throughput genomic data sets
• Familiarity with standard bioinformatics tools and databases
• Contribute to the preparation of scientific manuscripts and presentations
What we offer
• An interdisciplinary research environment
• A competitive salary commensurate with the experience level of the candidates
• Opportunities for further specialized training
Applications, including a CV, a cover letter and the names and contact details of at least a referee, should be sent by e-mail to our administrative assistant firstname.lastname@example.org. Evaluation of applications/interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.