we are running a multi-omics study to unravel mechanisms underlying regulation of lipid, glucose and inflammatory metabolism in cardiovascular, metabolic, gastrointestinal disorders and inflammatory diseases in women. We will look at several clinical phenotypes and omics types collected longitudinally.Challenges in analyzing omics data is thus emphatized by the longitudinal collection. Opportunity to invest also in new mathematical model (PI is a mathematician).
We invite applications from highly motivated and outstanding students with a PhD in one of the following disciplines: Bioinformatics or Computational Biology./ tudents from related disciplines, such as Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics are also welcomed to apply if motivated to invest in methodology for biological applications. The candidate should demonstrate excellent organizational skill, ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, motivation to improve her/his competences, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of bash and Unix OS.
- Programming skills (R/Python).
- Experience in analysis of at least one omics-data type among: genomics, metagenomics, metabolomics, proteomics.
Available position: Depending on the candidate, two different positions may be available:
- Postdoctoral position (1 year renewable for other 1 year), available from December 2023.
- Senior research fellow (1 year renewable for other 2 year)
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org