We invite candidates to apply for fellowship positions within the Computing, Data, and Digital Research Platforms Unit at the European Oncology Institute (IEO) in Milan.
About Us: Our team is dedicated to managing Research Computing and Data (RCD) platforms that serve dozens of bioinformaticians from the Department of Experimental Oncology and within the national network Alliance Against Cancer (ACC). These platforms are pivotal in providing indispensable support to researchers across our institute and the affiliated hospitals within the ACC network.
What You'll Do: The successful candidate will be trained in supporting our researchers by designing and implementing bioinformatics pipelines on high-performance computing (HPC) clusters and cloud platforms. Activities will include training in the development of Nextflow pipelines and their seamless integration into in-house or commercial servers.
Requirements: We are looking for candidates who have:
- Educational Background: A completed (or near completion) Master's Degree or a PhD in fields such as Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Technical Proficiency: Proficiency in Linux and bash scripting is a must, along with a fundamental understanding of bioinformatics pipelines.
- Workflow Management: Experience with workflow managers like Nextflow is desirable.
- Containerization Skills: Familiarity with containers (docker/singularity) is highly appreciated.
- Tech Savvy: Knowledge of HPC (schedulers), Cloud platforms would be a significant advantage, as well as experience with webservers and database development.
Throughout the training fellowship, the chosen candidate will have the chance to enhance their expertise in these technologies, delve into omics data generation and processing, explore resource deployment in cloud environments and gain insights into data security, among many other subjects.
Applicants with a robust computational background who are eager to acquire knowledge in bioinformatics processes and make meaningful contributions to the advancement of molecular medicine will be given equal consideration.
Why Join Us: If you are passionate about making substantial contributions to the field of cancer research, we offer a dynamic, international environment where your skills and expertise can make the difference.
Application link: https://www.research.ieo.it/careers-and-jobs/fellows/fellowship-opportunity-in-the-computing-data-and-digital-research-platforms-at-ieo-milan-automatization-of-omics-workflows-ref-2023-10-ac-27/