Position description: The biocurator will be in charge of updating the resource with manually reviewed structural data and of developing the database classification schema. The candidate will support the improvement of our protocol for data inclusion and assist in turning this resource into a community curation supported resource by supporting and training novice curators.
Required education level: Master degree
Requirements: Candidates should comply with the following requirements:
- Interest (and ideally experience) in biocuration tasks
- Good understanding of databases and data visualisation
- Good understanding of structural biology, with a focus on tandem repeats proteins.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Dedication, open-minded spirit, collaborative and creative attitude.
- Experience in Python programming and with statistics will be considered a plus.
The successful candidate will be working full-time at the BioComputing UP Laboratory, University of Padova. Travel support for conferences and/or research visits abroad is provided.
The fellowship, which should start as soon as possible, is initially for one year and can be extended upon positive evaluation.
Enrollment in a PhD programme at the University of Padova is also possible.
Send your CV and a motivation letter and brief description of your research background as well as the names of two (or more) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before October 31st 2021.
More at: https://protein.bio.unipd.it/news/biocuratorTRPs