Networking Biostatistics is a short international COSTNET conference organized by Italian and Dutch International Biometric Society (IBS) regions to promote networks among IBS regions, networks among biostatisticians, early career researchers and PhD students, and collaboration among biomedical researchers and biostatisticians in general, looking for network procedures and statistical methods for a real contribution in modelling modern biomedical data.
The conference includes five parts:
1. Invited speaker sessions on advanced methods for biomedical data.
2. Short poster presentations: poster contributions will be introduced with a 5 minutes flash presentation.
3. Posters session with awards.
4. Round table with spontaneous contributions on “Networking modern biomedical researchers and biostatisticians: from big Data to Big information”
5. Two short courses on network modelling:
- “Co-data learning: the group-regularized ridge and elastic net” (Mark van de Wiel)
- “Introduction to graphical models and applications to genomics” (Paola Vicard/Francesco Stingo)
Confirmed invited speakers are:
Bianca Papi, Rotterdam (NL)
Francesco Stingo, Università degli Studi di Firenze (IT)
Luca Tardella, Sapienza Università di Roma (IT)
Maria Grazia Valsecchi, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca (IT)
Mark van de Wiel, VU University Medical Center (NL)
Veronica Vinciotti, Brunel University London (UK)
Ernst Wit, University of Groeningen (NL)
Abstracts for poster presentations can be submitted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18th, 2018.
The Conference will be held at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University (Milan) in April 12-13th, 2018.
All details about the event can be found at the website: http://ibs-italy.org/?page_id=703&lang=en