The biocurator will be in charge of the updating of the resource with manually reviewed data and of the development of the database classification. The candidate will support the improvement of our protocol for inclusion of data and assist in turning this resource into a community supported resource.
Required education level: Master degree
Candidates should comply with the following requirements:
- Have good experience in bio-curation tasks.
- Have an understanding of databases, Python and data visualisation.
- Have a knowledge of statistics and bioinformatics tools is desirable.
- Be highly motivated to work on interdisciplinary research.
- Show fluency in spoken and written English
- Dedication, open-minded spirit, being collaborative and creative are crucial.
The fellowship, which should start as soon as possible, is for one year. The successful candidate will be working full-time at the BioComputing UP Laboratory, University of Padova. Travel support for conferences and/or research visits abroad is provided. The position can be extended for another year. The enrollment in a PhD programme is also possible.
To apply, please send your CV and a motivation letter and brief description of your research background as well as the names of two (or more) references to: email@example.com.