The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is one of five Swiss university hospitals. Through its collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne and the EPFL, CHUV plays a leading role in the areas of medical care, medical research and training.
Our group is part of the Service of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism of the University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV) and affiliated to the University of Lausanne. Our goal is to study the genetic and transcriptomics architecture of endocrine tissues including benign and malignant endocrine neoplasia such as pituitary adenomas. The group is specialized in the development of computational pipeline and tools for the analysis of NGS genomic data and single cell transcriptomics.
A PhD position is available in the group of Dr. Federico Santoni at the service of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism of the University Hospital of Lausanne in Switzerland.
Expected start date in position: 02.09.2019 Salary: Highly attractive
Contract duration: 1 year, renewable 2x2 years, maximum 5 years Location: Lausanne, UNIL-Bugnon
The candidate for this position will focus on the development of tools for the analysis of whole genome variants, bulk and single cell transcriptome data to investigate the subclonal population and the transcriptional profile of different pituitary adenomas. The aim is to find somatic or inherited genetic causes of pituitary adenomas.
The candidate is expected to:
- Apply and/or extend available bioinformatics tools and pipelines.
- Develop new bioinformatics pipelines and algorithms for the analysis of NGS datasets.
- Analyze NGS data generated in-house or available in public databases.
- Manage and store large NGS datasets.
- Make hypotheses, design computational experiments, present and interpret results, write abstract for national and international conference and article for international peer-reviewed journals.
- Provide bioinformatics support for the other projects of the group.
- Establish close interactions with the rest of the members of the service.
- Master degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or in a related discipline.
- Strong mathematical (statistics) and computational background. Excellent bioinformatics and programming skills (R and Python preferred, Linux/Unix required).
- Experience with the analysis of NGS data (e.g. RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, scRNAseq etc.); knowledge of the existing bioinformatics tools and experience in software development.
- Open minded, eager to learn and be up-to-date about the most recent discoveries in the field. Willingness to share results, ideas and problems
- Curiosity, creativity and capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English (oral and written). French is a plus.
- Highly motivated … of course.
What the position offers you
If you become an employee at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, we will offer you the following :
- High social benefits
- Regular salary progression according to job responsibilities
- Three days of training per year
- 25 working days of vacation per year
- Very good restaurants with preferential rates.
You will be working on a quite hot topic in a dynamic, stimulating, interdisciplinary research environment with state-of-the-art technologies and cutting-edge core facilities, and attractive employment conditions.
Contact for further information
Dr. Federico Santoni
Applications should include a motivation letter, complete CV and contact information of three referees. Please send your full application in PDF format.
Only applications through this website will be taken into account. We thank you for your understanding.
As our applications are processed electronically, would you please apply exclusively by internet, via CHUV web site :
If for any technical reason, you are not able to do it, we invite you to contact our recruitment team, which will assist you (contact : 021.314.85.70).
The CHUV applies the highest quality requirements as part of its recruitment process. In addition, mindful to promote the diversity of our employees we are attentive to the different life courses and strive to ensure equal treatment and avoid any discrimination. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We thank in advance the employment agencies to take note that applications inserted by them directly on our recruitment platform are not accepted and cannot be billed. Thank you for your understanding.
CHUV and UNIL are committed to promote gender equality and strongly encourages applications from female candidates.