The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation is recruiting a Staff Bioinformatician (m/f) (#CFBIO14)
The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located at the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany.
The Bioinformatics Core Facility supports IMB researchers in the computational analysis of genomic data generated in the course of research projects. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Bioinformatician (m/f) to join our team as a staff scientist.
• Contribute to the development of bioinformatics workflows and pipelines
• Support IMB scientists in the analysis, visualisation, interpretation and publication of transcriptomic and epigenomic next-generation sequencing (NGS) data
• Analyse and integrate multi-omics datasets for solving complex scientific questions
• Provide bioinformatics consulting and software training to junior researchers
• Work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects in parallel
• University degree or comprehensive training in bioinformatics / computational biology
• Extensive and broad experience in the computational analysis of NGS datasets
• Familiarity with Linux environment, version control and compute clusters
• Solid programming skills and knowledge of statistical methods
• Profound experience with R / Bioconductor for omics data analysis
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in English Desirable qualifications:
• Knowledge of software engineering and bioinformatics workflows
• Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
• Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
• Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
• Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBIO14 to email@example.com. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: initial contract for two years with an option for permanent employment
Application Deadline: 1st September 2018
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.