Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher in Bioinformatics/Systems Biology who will support COSBI in its research initiatives. This position is open to computational biologists with strong aptitude for data analysis to address clear biological problems. The candidate will analyze high-throughput (i.e., omics) data generated by COSBI partners. Although a basic understanding of molecular biology is essential, this position is not intended for wet-lab oriented researchers. A personal interest for the field of Systems Nutrition would be highly valuated.
S/he will be in charge of:
- delivering analytical results in the field of systems biology, with a specific focus on Systems Nutrition;
- working in team with computer and life sciences researchers;
- promoting the work of COSBI, through scientific publications and presentations.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or related fields, with a proven background in biology;
- previous experience with programming, high-throughput data analysis and/or nutritional sciences;
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- previous experience with R scripting.
Job hours and salary:
Full-time job. Attractive salary and benefits negotiable according to CV, previous experience and skills.
The work location is Rovereto, Northern Italy.
Applicants can send their application letter, CV along with full contact information of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and authorize the handling of personal information according to Law 196/03.
Ref: Postdoctoral researcher in Bioinformatics/Systems Biology