Bioinformatics positions (Post-Doc) available at the Laboratory of Molecular Medicine and Genomics, University of Salerno
The Laboratory of Molecular Medicine and Genomics (http://www.labmedmolge.unisa.it/) is one of the largest and more experienced genomics research centers in Italy, with long-standing experience in generation and analysis of genomes, epigenomes and transcriptomes in human, plants, animals and bacteria. Its main research activities focus on genetics, epigenetics, oncogenomics and metagenomics and other fields of applications of NGS and microarrays technologies to Medicine, using standard as well as novel technologies, in particular single-cell sequencing and related.
The Laboratory is also home-base of Genomix4Life Srl (http://www.genomix4life.com/en/), a Company devoted to translational research in genomics and service provider of NGS, microarrays and related bioinformatics, that carries out most of its research in collaboration with personnel of the Laboratory.
We seek applicants with acquired expertise in basic bioinformatics, in particular implementation of tools and techniques in use for NGS and microarray data analysis and experience in computational analysis of genomics data. The post-docs will be responsible for data analysis and will be involved in design and development of pipelines and methods to analyze and interpret NGS data derived from novel applications of these technologies in different fields, including in particular single-cell sequencing.
We look for enthusiastic, creative and well-organized young scientists, able to work autonomously but ready to cooperative with the other members of the bioinformatics and genomics groups.
Positions are offered for a starting period of one year, with possibility of renewal for up to three years.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD in one of the following: biotechnology, biology, computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics and related areas
- Background in biology, molecular biology, genetics or genomics
• Programming/scripting skills (Bash, Perl/Python, R)
• Familiar with Unix environment
• Basic knowledge of current NGS technologies
• Basic knowledge in statistics
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Proficiency in English and scientific writing
• Evidence of scholarly accomplishments/publications in peer reviewed journals
• Experience with database design and implementation
• Experience in genome assembly and annotation
• Experience in RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, BS-Seq data analysis
• Experience in SNV and structural variations analysis
• Experience with implementing algorithms
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Management skills
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Alessandro Weisz
Dr. Giorgio Giurato